yesterday we had a ward picnic. They are always fun and we meet in the park next to our ward chapel. I had on my mind all day about eating my hamburger! so I didn't eat much lunch to save on calories... Finally the time came and we took our chairs, our drinks and headed off. We got there and I looked at the tables and saw one of the sisters cutting sub sandwiches.. I thought wow who would bring that? ( thinking a lot of work for someone) and then the lady said, this is what we are having, it's too hot for burgers..... I had to keep my nice composure and say, or that's nice... and then I was so bugged.... how can you have a ward picnic and serve sandwiches from Walmart... ( that is where they bought them) so my evening was ruin! except I did get in some fun visiting, but I still have a hamburger on my mind.. I didn't eat the sandwich, there was no dressing on them just big thick bread and meat..
I found a picture my mom had taken of me at a professional studio when I was eight years old. I decided to make copies of it so when I give the grandchildren their little memory book at their baptisms it would be fun to see what I looked like at their age. I go to Sam's club to pick them up and the lady said, We can't let you have them because this picture looks like a professional picture. I said, look at it, it's me, it's almost 50 years old, I can't ask the photographer about it because he's been dead for about 40 years! they had to get the manager to give permission, which she very hesitatly did, but gheezs that was dumb.
Anyway, that was my day yesterday. Today, Dad will be gone all day until 8:00 pm, so it will be a bit lonely... I guess I'll have to be with my dead ancestors and do genealogy.
love
mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am mad for you! I think a good burger is one of my favorite foods. We were watching a Food Network special the other day about burgers and it made me crave one. Healthy burgers just aren't as good...that's why my mom's were always SO good. :)
That's funny about the gross sub sandwich. We are having "healthy" burgers today. I made the patties out of ground turkey and put on teriaki (sp?) and then we are grilling pineapple and vegetables on the grill that have been marinating all night. I hope it turns out good.
And yes, Tessa is the cutest. She has such a big bald head and just smiles and talks all the time. she is so sweet.
I can understand the craving-burgers and fries have definitely been up there for me lately. That's what we had for dinner last night.
When I went to make a copy of that baby picture of Ryan, the worker was a little hesitant but only for awhile until she realized it was taken in the 80's. Hope you enjoyed your genealogy today!
I would have been so bugged too about the burgers.
that is so just so wrong, turkey sandwiches that is...
Post a Comment