I found this picture and thought it would be fun to post... any grandkids look like me?
let me tell you a bit about my hair do.
My hair was very thin so mom ( granny) thought it would "protect" it more by wearing it in braides.... so everyday she would braid my hair and in fact I remember some times she would even put olive oil on my scalp to help my roots... isn't that funny? I guess she doesn't remember the time when I had lice and she used gasoline or something horrid like that to kill the lice eggs..
that is probably what made my hair fall out!
anyway, I did do my own bangs.. aren't they lovely? usually they had a bobby pin holding the curl, but for the picture I combed them out!
anyway, that is the history of this picture.. Oh yes, I still have this dress, and today I washed and Ironed it.. I think it would be great fun for each granddaughter to get a picture of her wearing this dress!
by the way, I remember the photographer taking great pains in forming my fingers that they would look natural!
mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would love for Hannah and Emily to get photgraphed in that dress when they turn 8. Then I could but it in a frame next to yours. Wouldn't that be good? Bridget can't wait for her "punkin" bread.
what about me? do i get any pumpkin bread?
Ryan
that was funny...keep that dress so my girls can wear it to!
Mom, maybe that is what you could do with that wall space. You could have your picture in the center and have the picture of each granddaughter in your dress surrounding yours.
Joy
I love that picture! How neat that you still have the dress.
That makes me laugh about your fingers.
Post a Comment