Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The latest


Well, today I got my carpets cleaned, with all the traffic I get in my house it was much needed!

so that is nice to see clean carpet for a while. It usually lasts about 6 months and then it starts to look dirty again.


I'm so happy that Carolee is doing so well in PA. She had Jeff and her inlaws have worked so hard at cleaning it up, painting and getting unpacked. She's excited about it, plus thier big full basement ended up being a great surprise for her. She is loving her new carpet. She'll get on the internet in about a week so that will be so fun to see actual pictures.


OKAY, I have a new project, ( for those who really know me I always have to have a project) I want to learn how to do solar cooking. Actually today, I cooked two baked potatoes! I just got instructions from the internet about making your own solar oven, so I did, and baked some potatoes! how cool is that? I'm going to try some more stuff, I'll keep you posted.


I'm so excited about our Wright family cabin in Groom Creek Arizona. It was build in the 30's maybe? and it is LONG over due for a major overhaul, and my nephew Shane and other relatives , ( my son in law Jess) have put in long hours, it's going to look like the Wright Hilton , I just can't wait to see the finished product. They have added two new bathrooms and then completely updated the inside with electrical, drywall, and new flooring.
My garden has been wonderful this year, we have really enjoyed our tomatoes and squash, I want to plant some more winter stuff and also add some fruit trees!
Love to you all

4 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Hi Jayne!
Glad to hear that Carolee is getting settled. That's a big project I would not wish on anyone. My mom mentioned that you two were working on solar cooking. We've got an endless supply of sun here in California- only makes sense. She always forwards me the food storage emails you send and I am glad to get them! Good luck with your projects!

Kristen said...

that is neat seeing a picture of the cabin, it really has been at least 20 years since I have been there...crazy huh!
Hope you had a good birthday today!

Solar cooking...sounds cool :)

Tyler Jorgenson said...

If everybody goes to solar cooking I won't have any left over veggie oil for my car. :)

Carolee said...

i have never even heard of solar cooking. explain please:)