I was living in Tucson Arizona at the time and had three busy little girls. Life was good but never a dull moment with the three children with the oldest being 4 years old! I had a beautiful home and tried keeping it clean and tidy. My kitchen was large kitchen and somehow the floor didn’t get cleaned as often as it should. This particular day I spent some time really scrubbing it and making it look so nice. That night I had made lemonade to drink. ( do you see the problem coming here?) After dinner I ‘m sure I was busy changing baby Kristen or getting pajamas on Joy so I missed seeing Melissa heading back to the kitchen. She must have enjoyed the lemonade too because without me knowing she climbed onto the kitchen table to get more lemonade for herself. Well you guessed it the WHOLE pitcher of lemonade went crashing into the floor. ( it was a glass pitcher I think ) I heard the noise and was so frustrated at seeing all of my hard work being undone by the huge amount of lemonade ALL over everything! At that moment I just couldn’t deal with the mess, cleanup and my frustration! To make matters worse Bill was gone doing his ward missionary work so I was left alone to deal with it. I decided I couldn’t deal with it and just to let it stay until LATER. After a while my children had been put to bed and I walked into the kitchen and there to my horror and amazement something was STUCK on the sticky kitchen floor, Can you imagine what it was??? Yep, a baby snake ! If I liked snakes I could have thought “poor thing” it’s so sticky it can’t get away, but I was horrified, scared and ANGRY. Where is Bill when I need him? Well, I think I put a big bowl over it and called Bill to come home and rescue me which he did.
Yep, just a day in my life with three little ones. As Melissa said after she learned years later what had happened wasn’t it good she spilled the lemonade to catch a snake in the house!
Thanks Mel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment