Friday, August 21, 2009

Lyla Jayne is here

What a glorius thing it is to get another grand baby. Lyla Jayne made her entrance Thursday at 5:16 pm. Candice did so well! The Dr. came in and broke her water at 9:30 am, and soon afterwards started feelings pains, at 11:30 she was given an epidural ( which she was was the worst thing ever) but then was so happy to not feel pain! so from about 11:30 until 5:00 she was a happy camper no pain, and just dozing off and on. At 5:00 she asked me to go get the nurse because she was feeling pressure. So off I went to tell the nurse made a potty stop for me and then as I got at her room Troy was so excited to tell me the baby was ready! Geeeeish , that was quick! I called Melissa to hurry and get here, and at 5:16 she was out!

we could hardly believe how fast she came and with no pain! Candice was very happy to get the epidural even though it was painful shot. ( She said she would gladly get one again!)
sorry I don't have pictures yet, but i'm writing this while in AZ and my camera doesn't download to Melissa's computer) but I"ll send them later,
she weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz. 20 1/2 inches long, has quite a good head of light brown hair.
Okay she is a great mixture of Troy and Candice! She has Candice's eyes, but Troy's nose and mouth. She's calm and we are thrilled to have her. Candice and Troy are on cloud 9

How fun to see another grandchild born. It's truly a miracle process.

2 comments:

Cara Fish said...

Yea, yea!

Caroline Haring said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations all around! I'm sure Candice is so happy to have you there to help!