Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks



I've been wanting to learn how to use a pressure canner and can my own meat. Wa La
when I was in Arizona Melissa taught me how to use the pressure cooker. I"m no longer afraid of the beast!
I'm really excited about this and plan on doing chicken next.
Really it's easy and I'll be happy to show any one if they are interested.
My garden is growing so well. Thanks to my buddy Carol who told me about a great soil mixture!
Can't wait to eat fresh tomatoes!
Can't believe it's May already, time just flies by. I'm so excited for my two new grandbabies coming this summer. I'll have a total of 18 GRAND kids

3 comments:

Candice said...

and your number 18 will be your favorite!!!

Caroline Haring said...

I just gave my mom all of my canning jars. She wants you to show her how to use the pressure cooker, but I told her I have to be invited to at least watch. You two need to get together soon!

Joanna said...

Thanks for always sharing your excitement with me and encouraging me to give things a try. I'm excited about our new Let's get Basic group- thanks for your ideas that turned into a new group. Ulla has agreed to be the new leader.