Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today is Carolee's Birthday

We missed you Melissa!





Yep, as you can see December is a busy month for Birthday's around here. Today Carolee turns 30! Boy I remember my 30th birthday, but when Carolee was born I was 27 years old and having my 4th child ! How time flies.






She was such a blessing coming at that time because I had just lost my mother two months previous to that time, and having a new baby brought so much joy back into my life. She was such a beautiful tiny little thing.



Did I ever tell you how we came up with Carolee's name?



Well, I always have felt it important to name children after someone dear in your life, Joy was named after my cousin, Melissa Jayne was named after me and my great great grandmother. Kristen Louise was named after my best friend and my sister. I wanted to name her Carolyn after my other sister, but SHE just had a baby and named her Cara Lyn so I didn't want two Carolyn's so we went with Carolee.... so there you have it. BUT there is more! each one of my children have two names, when Carolee got old enough to noticed she only had ONE name she felt bad! ( sorry Carolee) so she now always uses her maiden name as her middle name.



Whew, didin't mean to get off so much on names.



I love Carolee! She is beautiful, fun and smart! during her high school days she studied all the time, she was dedicated in always doing her best. She is a middle child and looked up to her big sisters but also loved loved loved her baby brother.



Carolee is the best wife to Jeff and the best mom to Brooklyn and Trenton. She is so patience with the children, I love watching her and love being in thier home!



Carolee has been through alot these past years but has faced her trials with faith and courage.



Carolee, I sure miss you, SO grateful you lived with Dad and I those past four years, it was GREAT



Happy Birthday Sissy

7 comments:

Candice said...

great post! Happy birthday....so where did the name candice come from?? Candice Bergen?? (sp?)

Kristen said...

great post! Carolee is the best! Happy Birthday Carolee

Dena said...

All the girls in my family only have one name too and we also use our maiden names. I used to hate, but LOVE it now. So much so I have done it with my own girls. Happy birthday Carolee!!

Carolee said...

Thanks mom, that was so nice!! Love,
Carolee

McCooks said...

hi Aunt Jayne, thanks for spreading the word out to family. We are so glad that you communicate with everyone. We have more updates on our blog, feel free to look. thanks!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Carolee!

Cara Fish said...

yea!!! i love carolee. sorry i am late to comment. i have always loved that carolee and i had "kind of" the same name...and we're named after a pretty cool lady. :)