Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Kristen


Kristen is 33 years old today. boy it seems like yesterday when I was being woke up from general anaesthetic saying "it's a girl" . And what a beautiful delightful girl she has been.
My pregnancy with Kristen started out a bit rough, when I was just 4 months pregnant I learned that I had placenta previa, which met for the remainder of my Pregnancy I would be in bed! For a person as active as me that was NO fun, especially because I had a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. Life was challenging but you learn a lot of lessons I guess. But how blessed I was that I was able to safely deliver her and all was well. ( well I guess not all was well, I was in the hospital for 9 days because of all my bleeding! ) but we arrived safely home and she was a perfect angel. Literally she sleep her first 3 weeks of life, just long enough to get me back to normal to deal with three busy little girls.
Kristen has always been such a blessing in our family. Little Joy and Melissa loved her from the very beginning. Kristen was a bit shy and quiet, and very sensitive little thing.
From the beginning she had red hair , or I guess I should say "orange" hair, we didn't want her to feel different from the other girls but just extra special. I think she enjoyed the attention she got from everyone admiring her beautiful hair.
Kristen has been our peace maker in the family, always trying to help her siblings. We all love her so much. She is so fun to be with. She is a hard worker, and I know people feel comfortable around her.
She is a wonderful mom, loves her kids dearly, and is trying to raise her family living the teachings of the Gospel. Her children are all such sweet kids doing well in all that they are doing.
She married a sweet man who loves his family.
We love you so much Kristen, you have added so much to my life and I'm grateful for your birth and your life. Happy Birthday!
mom

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks Mom, that was really nice!
I STILL love to sleep :) Some things never change.

Carolee said...

Great post about Kristen!!

Taryn said...

That is such a nice post, everything so true about Kristen, she is one of the nicest people I know! Happy Birthday!

Candice said...

loved the post, happy birthday sissy

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!