Sunday, October 19, 2008

Erie, and Gettsyburg Pennslvania and the Biehns













Well, I'm finally getting around downloading our recent trip to PA.






let me tell you we almost didn't make it! We were supposed to leave our house for Ontario airport at 4:15 am in the morning ( awful time!) so Bill set the alarm for us to get up at 3:45 am to have time to dress, gather our stuff and be on our way. Problem was B ILL set it for PM and not AM..by a mere coinsidence Bill work up at 4:14 am.. he yelled the alarm didn't go off. We both flew out of bed, yes, I wish we would have had it on tape, it was crazy!, he didn't shave, I didn't wear makeup and in 7 minutes were out the door. What a way to start the day.



But we arrived in PA and so excited to be there,



here are some pictures,



The next day we all drove to Gettsyburg, it's beautiful and really I think a sacred spot,


the Railroad station is where Lincoln arrived to give his talk. By the way, he was not the main speaker, another man spoke for two hours, and then Lincoln spoke for 3 minutes, but it was so important. I hadn't realized that the reason for him coming was to dedicate the area as a national cemetery for the Union and Confederate soldiers. The battle had been fought in July and it was now November, and had recently cleaned up the area and buried the many thousands of soldiers.


WE also went to the small town of where Flight 93 crashed, that was really wonderful to, We felt a good spirit there and honor the brave people who were on that flight.
I wish I could figure out how to put pictures in the right order, but oh well, at least I got some of them up.
We just had such a great time being with Jeff and Carolee and kids. The kids were so happy to see us . I'm so impressed with the great friends Jeff and Carolee have made. I know after four years it will probably be sad for them to leave Erie.
We look forward to going again.







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a really fun trip! I wish we were able to live out there for a short time, SO much to see and do!
-Sara Blume

Unknown said...

PS miss you guys over in chino :)

Taryn said...

I know how it feels when your alarm doesn't go off and you wake up on your own, so I can just imagine you guys running around like crazy!

I loved seeing those pictures of Trenton and Brooklyn, they are so fun!

Candice said...

wish i could have seen that! loved all the pics

Leslie said...

Jayne,

Don't you love this way of keeping up with everyone?!

We are so happy for Marque and Sarah. What an answer to so many prayers from so many people. I can't wait to get up there and cuddle that baby, but I have a cold..sore throat. Not enough to keep me from work, but it's enough to keep me from baby.

I LOVE Pennsylvania. I have stood with Mr. Lincoln exactly as Bill did. It's beautiful country up there isn't it?

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Isn't Gettysburg just awesome! If you didn't already, make sure next time you do the book with the self guiding CD tour. Excellent.