
Here is my most recent picture of my beautiful Candice! It's hard to believe that my baby is 22 years old. I just love this picture because it shows how much she loves her Dad! She just thinks her Dad is the best ever. ( funny how wise he has become )
Well, let me think back 22 years ago today. Boy was I glad my C section was over with! it was a tough one, I started feeling them cutting me open ( not a good thing) so they put me right to sleep, but when I woke up I saw the cutest little red head looking up at me. She had red hair from the get go, and I loved it. She was so pretty. These were the days when you didn't know what you were having , but I knew, I was having another little girl. She had such a strong little personality from the beginning she let me know from the start!
Candice was a little pistol ! she was so active, she was head strong, she was going to lead her own path, I remember seeing her stand up at her crib at 6 months! I couldn't believe it she was already getting grown up.
Candice was fun, she was a little tom boy, she loved to climb trees, ride bikes and she loved all animals, ( she loved her pet Rat, Zena) and she never was afraid of strangers or anyone! She also didn't like to take naps, so to get her tired I would take her to the park and she would just run to get her tired.
Candice was just a character. All adults thought she was so funny because she would carry on a conservation with them just as if they were her peers. She was also very brave. When she was only about 9 years old she had tubes put in her ears, after the year was over and the tubes were ready to come out she told the Dr. she would sit very still for him to pull them out, and she did just that!
In 5th grade she had a tough school teacher and she hated it when she would punish the whole class because of the actions of one or two misbehaving children. She decided to go the principle on her own with a letter she had written about how the teacher should be more fair and nicer! Not only did she hand deliver the letter to the principle she had gotten the other kids in the class to sign her petition! She said the principle did talk to the teacher but she was only nice for about two days!
Candice loved dressing up for Halloween, one of her favorite years when she was the girl from the Titanic movie, we got her prom dress from Carolee, and Joy did her makeup, hair and jewelry, she thought she looked beautiful, ( and she did)
I think the next year she was a witch, and she had fun with that, she had drucula teeth to go along with the costume.
About the time she turned 14, Candice realized she had a good thing going with having a big brother, because that meant he had older friends that came to the house. Ryan was good to let Candice hang out and she had a lot of fun years with Ryan and his friends. We had some fun times at our house.
She surely missed Ryan when he went on his mission to Russia, but we have wonderful memories of going to pick him up. Candice had just had serious back surgery one month before the trip, and she was really a trooper with the long plane flight and walking. Ryan still laughs at the thought of Candice trying to turn on the light knob on the plane compartment.. She burned her finger and Ryan heard it "sizzle" he still laughs about it.
For those of you who don't know it, Candice is quite a comedian. She can mimick anyone very well, she has made all of us laugh to see what we are really like, she picks up on our characteristics.
When Candice was growing up I never imagined what talent would lye in her style with hair. She graduated from cosmotology school and we think she is the very best! We all beg for her to spend some time on us when we get to see her.
Candice is so much fun to be with. She is sensitive and caring, and she already knows that when I'm old and cranky she is the one who'll put up with me. I've very proud of her and love to be with her and Troy. They treat each other so sweet, it's a pleasure to "hang out" with them.
In 22 years she had brought a lot of joy, but like she said these past 3 years have been the best!
I love you Candice, Happy Birthday
mom
7 comments:
Happy Birhtday Candice!
That was a fun post!
I love that picture of you and dad.
She's a cutie! I totally remember when she dressed up as Rose from Titanic. It was AWESOME!!! She looked exactly like her. Happy Birthday Candice!
thanks mom for doing this. i really enjoyed reading it. your the best!
All your girls are so gorgeous! Happy Birthday to Candice!
I loved reading all about Candice. That was so much fun, I learned so much! I can't believe you remember all of those little details about your sixth child!
Jayne, I'm adding you to my blog links.
You don't know me, but I really know Candice! We were roommates at EFY together in Santa Barbara a couple years ago. She was so much fun and I wish we could see each other more. I haven't talked to her for awhile, but I am so happy we have blogs to keep in touch! She was a great roommate, so of course i have to thank the mom for making her that way! :)
Post a Comment