
okay, not what you are thinking, this menopause thing is just stupid... One minute you feel like you are in the hottest desert sweating, and in 5 minutes I'm shivering. You should just see how fun it is when you are trying to sleep. The covers go off and on about a hundred times a night!
What is the purpose of this? How come men skate through the transition of middle age? NO fair here!
Other than that, I'll tell you about Saturday. As you all know we live in a home that is 30 years old next month. We are slowing fixing up and replacing seems about everything! I had hired a man to come over and put in a new bathroom faucet, toilet paper holder, and light fixture. No problem, he was good and price was right. After working 1 1/2 hours on the faucet we turn it on and discover that the sink hole had finally deteriated enough that the fitting wasn't tight enough , hense, I would always have a leafly sink... so I have to get a NEW sink, re do the faucet, and the bad news is that just the week prior I had hired a reglazing company to come out and reglaze the dang sink so it would look like new again. Such is the story of my life and home improvements!
Yesterday was ward conference for another ward in the stake. Our presidency goes and visits the RS there, it was all wonderful, enjoying the moment until what do you know I hear the person conducting say these mighty words, "and now we'd like to invite our president up to say a few words," ahhhhhhh that terrifies the heart, I need two weeks to prepare to say anything a bit knowledgeable. Geeeesh... so scary for me, I still wonder why in the heck it's me and not someone cool, calm and collected!
Hey, I have a great connection to MRE meals if any of you are interested, of course it's a ward here in Calif. ordering them for us. By the way, they had 12 meals out that you could taste test. I was impressed, they were good!
well here is a picture of my faucets and new bathroom.
until next time.
10 comments:
yah an update! Your bathroom looks so good! Just the luck with the new sink though:)
I would have died about having to make a comment in RS. I need a month to prepare for that:)!
We are thinking about updating our bathrooms... who do you recommend?
Your bathroom looks good. So is your sink going to continuously leak until you replace it? Just think, my house is also 30 years old and you have updated your kitchen twice and mine is stil original. ugh!
i really like your bathroom....and seiously i would have ran out of church and never come back if they called my name to speak!
Bummer about your sink. My house is about 40 years old, and my tub looks every day of it. It is so gross. No matter how clean it is, it never looks it. I've debated between resurfacing or just getting a new one. Was the price difference worth it? Of course I would probably have a similar problem with the drains.
I had night sweats and hot flashes before I had this last baby. I swear I was premenopausal, but my Dr. thinks I'm crazy. (40's not too young to start though is it?? It's certainly too old for birthin' babies.) Ahhhh, it's wonderful to be a woman...
Your bathroom looks great! Too bad you didn't know you'd need to replace the sink before you did the reglazing. Isn't that always how it goes though?! I'm sure you did a wonderful job in RS. I get nervous too - I hate having to comment on the lesson when I conduct and try to make some meaningful transition to close the meeting.
That's too bad about the bathroom. It looks really cute though!
The faucet looks great! I know what you mean about unexpectedly having to speak in public; I had to introduce myself as the new 1st counselor in YW last Sunday, and needless to say--I sounded like a babbling idiot.
(can't remember how I came across your blog--probably supercoolmom)...
for those of you who asked
I got the tub and sink both reglazed for 375.00
I have a 5 year warranty
anyway, it looks great!
me
Jayne I'm with you on commenting, I used to hate it, but teaching Gospel Doctrine has helped a ton to say comments without being terrified. But you should have seen last week at church we got done about 10 minutes early (the girls who spoke were terrified and flew through their talks) and so the bishopric member got up and called 4 people out at random to come up and bear their testimonies in front of the whole singles ward. talk about terrifying....We're supposed to be finding husbands and then you get put on the spot like that?? never a good thing ;) Glad to see all is well with you!
Post a Comment