Friday, February 22, 2008

the Pie and tie was a success!




We had a nice crowd last night at the stake center, I believe over 100 were there, we got lots of quilts tied, and other humanitarian needs completed. A newspaper person was there taking pictures and she was so impressed with what the Church does for others so I think that will be a nice write up. We also had a group of women from the Muslim mosque who came and helped out. I thought that was great!




But boy do I feel tired today.... I'm draggin.... just now got my car cleaned out, I have about 7 quilts to bind to finish them up.


We have some of our favorite company over now. My niece Shari always brings me something really cute for my house, but best of all she is such a decorator and helps me re-arrange things and Randy even does some little handiman things. Boy do they spoil me.


I'm going to post of picture of the Pie and Tie and also of my daffodils.


5 comments:

Dena said...

Your flowers look so nice and springy! I'm glad that your pie and tie turned out so well. Enjoy Shari and her family!

Melissa said...

your flowers look good. I need to plant some in my front yard. So this was the 1st I heard of the "pie and tie". Was that your big stake activity for the year? How nice that the muslim women came and helped.

Nora's world said...

I thought it went well. I learned some things. If you have any extra pies you need to get rid of...it IS Sam's bday tomorrow. :)

Kristen said...

Shari and randy are the best house guests :)!

Glad your RS night was a success!

Candice said...

im excited to come down this weekend!