Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Kristen's Birthday

Today, I'm very grateful for the birth of my 3rd daughter Kristen! ( actually everyday, I'm grateful for her birth) but I would like to remininse a bit on Kristen.
Wow, what can I say to share my feelings on this special daughter? First of all I want to go back to my pregnancy with her. When I was only in my 4th month I discovered that I had a very serious condition called placenta previa. In order to save her life I would from that day on have to stay in bed 24/7. Now you must realize how difficult "mentally " that was for me since I had a 2 year old and a 3 year old at home! But we wanted this baby to be born healthy, so to bed I went. It was a huge challenge for me, and at times very discouraging, we were living away from both of our parents so we hired a teenage girl to come over every day to be with me and the kids until Bill got home from work. All of my kids know how much I love to stay busy so it really was a test of my faith to follow the Dr's orders. During this time though I put to good use because I started doing family research and genealogy! and this was the year I made all those Christmas stockings that hung on our fireplace for so many years!
Finally the time came when the Dr. said that the baby was big enough to be born ( plus he examined me and said, I was a bomb ready to go off!) so the next day she was born. Complications set in and I wasn't able to come home from the hospital for 9 days. But my health was spared and we were blessed with the cutest little red head ever!
From the very beginning Kristen was such a good baby! She loved to sleep! yea! but as she got older her two big sisters just loved her so much. Kristen has always been our peace maker in the family and so fun to be with.
Kristen was our shy one and very tender hearted. I don't believe Kristen has ever had a spanking. Her heart was just too tender. Kristen was so fun to raise, she always had many friends, the years just went by too fast!
Kristen has the most beautiful hair, I love her read hair, I love Kristen! She is a wonderful mom to her children. Her children excel in all that they do. She and Todd are wonderful parents and raising a strong gospel centered family.
I'm so very grateful that Kristen was sent to our family! She has been such a blessing, all of her siblings and to her mom and dad.
I love you very much Kristen, I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Candice said...

what?! i think you meant to say i was the cutest red head ever!

Kristen said...

Nope Candice, she really meant me ! hahaha

Thanks Mom for your nice tribute birthday post to me. thanks:)

Birthday's are sure fun, it's nice to get spoiled for one whole day!

Christina said...

oh that was so nice!! kristen is such a great friend-- i appreciate all that she does for me and my family..