Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Carolee

It's Carolee's Birthday Well December 14th is another special day. My fourth daughter Carolee was born. I have to tell you those were the days when you didn't know what you were having and when number 4 girl was placed into my arms, I was NOT one bit disappointed. Carolee was the cutest little thing ever. I remember being in the recovery room with Bill and he held her for two hours and she was just a calm sweet baby girl. ( This was the first C section that Bill was allowed to see, and all he would tell me about the operation was, " boy you are sure going to hurt tomorrow, you can't believe what they were doing to you!" weren't those words of comfort?But a miracle happened, I felt no pain having Carolee. You see, at the time Bill was the Bishop, it was tithing settlement, he was needed for the ward, and I had 4 little children under 6 years old and I felt great! I remember that so well, because I knew it was blessings from above, plus two months previous I had just lost my mother to Lou Gehrig's disease, and I was given special comfort.Carolee was really special because after Kristen was born and having so many complications with her the Dr. and told me I couldn't have any more children. Somehow I just knew there were more children to come into our home, so when Carolee arrived it was another sweet blessing from above.Carolee was tiny and all her big sisters just loved her so much.
Carolee was so fun to raise, she was obedient, and about as cute as they come. She had long blonde hair and big blue eyes. Her best friend was Jason Briggs, and they played outside constantly. She loved her big sisters and really loved her baby brother when he came a few years later. Carolee was always very smart and loved to talk! She was also very strong willed and somehow did not comprehend the word No when she wanted something!
Carolee was a parent's dream to raise, she always wanted to do good in her life. When she got married it was hard for me because I just was sad to have her leave home. It was a great blessing to have her and Jeff and two children live with us once again for 4 1/2 years while he was in school. They were great to have in our home.
I continue to be very proud of her in how she has conducted her life, she is raising a sweet family, she has been so supportive of Jeff during his long hours away at school and on rotations that have taken him away. She has great faith in the obstacles that have come thier way. I'm so happy that I was blessed with my number 4 daughter. I love you Carolee

4 comments:

Candice said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLEE. that was a nice tribute!

Lish said...

I have to agree with you Jayne. Carolee is awesome. She has handled all of her trials with a grace that comes from above (not to mention wonderful examples). I've always felt blessed to have her as a friend.

j2nielsen said...

It's Drew's birthday today too! It is so nice to hear all of the nice things you have to say about your kids!

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute you wrote for your kids. They really are great gals. You are a lucky mom and they are lucky to have you. (All your kids are awesome.) You are so blessed and I am glad to know your family. Happy Holidays!
Tonja