Yikes, it's been a long time since I posted, lets see, this week went by really fast. Since I last wrote, I went to the dentist, to the eye doctor, got my carpets cleaned ( I used to never have it done, and now I'm on an every six month plan, you just can't believe how good they look after they come and clean your carpets!) taught a friend to make cinnamon rolls, went to the temple, a regional RS president's meeting, and got my car oil changed! Whew, how did I ever fit in children in my life?
I'm getting excited to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving, I've started wrapping some presents, problem is I forgot what I've bought and who they are for. Oh, it's tough getting old. And my children will all tell you, that when they all lived here I would hide presents, and then forget to give them out on Christmas, I think it happens every year!
I am so serious about this thing about getting our three months supply of canned goods, I know I know I've been called "chicken little" but hey I want to be ready and there is absolutely NO reason why I can't do this, I have the room in my house now and I have the money ( since I"m not feeding an army ) to do this. I hope everyone else takes it seriously and puts more effort into it.
Well sorry my blog isn't too interesting, but I did come across a good recipe I found on someone else's blog that I think I'll try since I love to cook in my crock pot, here it is for you too.
Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)1 cup onions, chopped
In a small bowl, combine the spices.Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.Add chicken.No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.Cook on low 4-8 hours.Note: I highly recommend a pop-up timer in the chicken because some crock pots cook faster/slower than others (my crock pot cooks this recipe in 4-5 hours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have had two lectures on the 3 month supply in as many months! They are really serious about it. It's kind of scary. The woman who spoke at our Enrichment this week mentioned that the Aug. Ensign was on Temporal Prep, Sept. was on Financial, and Oct is on Spiritual prep. She said that we have been warned for 100 years to store food - Brigham Young wanted 7 years supply, then it was 3 years, 2 years, 1 year, and now 3 months! And, the church made 10 Million copies of that little booklet that was the Aug Ensign centerfold. She said that if you go to LDS dot org and click on provident living, there is a link away from the site to the CDC (first time ever that the church has had a link away from their site) about Pandemic warnings. If there was a bird flu pandemic, the CDC recommends that we would need to self-quarantine in our homes for 3 months. Hmmmm. I was figuring today that I would need about 400 2 liter bottles of water, for that time period. Yikes, I'd better quit being lazy.
Post a Comment