Over the Memorial Weekend Ryan and Taryn were going to Utah, so I got the bright idea to go to their cute little home and enjoy come of the activities of LA. On Friday night Bill and I walked to the Westfield Mall (only a 1/2 block from their home ) and saw the movie Robin Hood. Things were going well until the couple next to me yelled at me because I looked to see who was calling me on my phone. I had it on vibrate but was curious to see who called. Geeesh, it wasn't like I was caring on a conversation!
by the way, I liked the movie, but English history did confuse me a bit, I wished we could have paused it so Bill could enlighten me on who was the bad guy or the good guy was.
On our way out of the mall we stopped at Ben and Jerry's yum.
The next day ( by the way the weather was perfect) we went to Panini Cafe which is about 1/2 block from Rodeo drive. It was so delicious. We sat out side on the patio. I was hoping to see movie stars and such, and Bill was enthralled by the expensive cars that drove by. Rolls, Bentleys,
Jaguars, ( they all look the same to me) But we had fun, and THEN, we went two doors down and there was Sprinkles Cupcake store. Oh, was that heaven. I got a vanilla cupcake with cream cheese and coconut frosting, and yes enjoyed every morsel. I"m wishing I had one RIGHT now!
We then drove to the Getty Museum. It was fabulous! HUGE, and we loved the painting, the furniture from the 17th century, tapestries, but at the moment they are having a special feature of Leonardo Divinci. We saw his drawings, some statues. It was all just great. By the way how RICH can J. Paul Getty be? If you haven't gone, you need to experience this! It's free but there is a 15 dollar charge for parking.
We got back Saturday night since Bill was speaking Sunday morning, but we sure had a great time. Thanks to Ryan and Taryn for leaving town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a good idea that was. Next time I think I'll join you!! I can't wait to see Ryan and Taryn's house this weekend.
Post a Comment