Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July Week Fun/Memories and PAIN




Our family had a get together in Groom Creek ( which is 7 miles from Prescott Arizona). We have a family cabin there that is so fun to be at. It rained, it was cool and the creek was running!
Jess ( Melissa's husband) made that great swing. The kids had a ball all being together.
We then parted and Bill, Ryan and Troy and Joy left for California. We stayed one more day at the cabin and then came home to Mesa where it was hot hot hot. That is why we all went swimming! ( top picture)
We celebrated with a baby shower in Mesa with Candice's friends, and relatives there. It was fun and lots of delicious food, can we say "cream cheese"
I have to tell you the rest of the story. Right before I was leaving for the cabin I woke up and felt my back ache, I thought it was from sleeping on Candice's couch, but soon realized it was something else! oh my, moaning and groaning and throwing up I soon was ready to have someone take me to the nearest hospital! After 5 hours I passed a kidney stone. what a surprise , hope I don't get to do that again! but after my hospital stay I was off to the cabin ready to have some fun!
tomorrow I get a cast on my foot because for the past 6 months I've had heel pain, let's hope this will be the secret cure!



2 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are feeling better now. I want to hear more about the cream cheese. All I know is that everything tastes better with cream cheese :)

Cara Fish said...

holy cow! those hurt! glad you're okay! Funny that the only words you used to describe candice's shower were "cream cheese." SO SO SO fitting.