Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pennsylvania was GREAT




Last week I flew to PA to see Carolee and kids. I had such a great time. Carolee lives in cute house with tons of room! Brooklyn and Trenton were so happy to see me, it was so fun to get out of the car and see them running to me with thier arms outstretched to give me a hug. We did some serious shopping for two days to get some fun things for her house. We also did some major grocery shopping. I had fun cooking some meals. The kids love my pumpkin bread and that is what Trenton is doing helping me stir the batter. The last picture is when I was ready to leave for the airport. Brooklyn was so sad, so I tried cheering her up by telling her I was coming back in just 6 weeks. She told me she wanted me to drive back and bring "everybody" she is missing her cousins.
Jeff is awesome! I"m so proud of him being Dr. Biehn, what hard hard work he has put in. Carolee is awesome for being such a supportive wife and great mom. It's always so fun to be with thier family.
Bill and I will be returning in October to see them, and all of us will take a short side trip to Gettysburg. Can't wait.
Forgot to mention the first picture is what it looks like next to Lake Erie, this is about 10 miles from Carolee's house. so beautiful. Oh, and one more thing, that great big Fruit picture is awesome, we bought it at Kirtland in Pittsburgh after she picked me up from the airport. But when we bought it and took it outside to put in the car it took us about 20 mins of sweat to fit in into the car! Crazy Crazy but we sure love the picture!

4 comments:

Carolee said...

It was fun!! Cant wait for you and Dad to come back. I love the way my house looks and every time I look at the fruit picture I love it even more:)

Dena said...

How fun to get to visit. I'm sure you're both missing being close. It's hard to be far from family!

You'll have to email me your recipe for pumkin bread. It must be great since all the grandkids love it so much!

Kristen said...

Carolee's house looks so good! I'm glad you had fun, wish I could go with you in October.
Love that fruit picture!!

Joanna said...

You are such a good mom and grandma to go visit them. I love the picture you bought her, could you bring one back for me :). Glad you had such a nice visit.