we just got home from a wonderful tour of the Church history sites. We visited Independence MO, Far West, and Nauvoo, We loved all of them and learned so much. It 's hard to comprehend how hard those pioneers worked to start a new community to have to leave again in the dead of Winter. I have such a love and appreciation for all of them. The Nauvoo temple was beautiful and I discovered that my great great grandfather Stephen Martindale Farnsworth was listed as one of the framers of the temple.
We also stopped in Bloomington, Illinois because that is where State Farm has it's beginnings. We enjoyed the tour given there too. We then drove on to Chicago and left from there .
I'll post some pictures of our church history tour, and then the other pictures are of Memorial Day. We were all together and had a great time at Kristen and Todd's house. The kids didn't seem to mind the cooler weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were able to visit Nauvoo during the open house :) The kids were thrilled and amazed. How fun for you to do a tour!
Such a neat trip. Hopefully some day I can go there!
Post a Comment