
Even though I am NOT a fan of fireworks ( especially since the whole country seems to be dealing with out of control fires) I do love the fact that it helps to get the grand kids at Grandma's house since we are the only city that allows them!
We started out the day with a nice program and breakfast at our ward, then I made 5 loaves of homemade bread so that I could give my kids some when they came here.
After the bread, Bill and I made two recipes of home made Ice cream. It's a tradition we have been doing for EVER. It's just Shelly Biggs' recipe for vanilla ice cream but in the end we put in smashed bananas . Yes, we think it's the BEST EVER.
The families started coming over at 6 and we had hamburgers, and then we couldn't wait for the ice cream, It was so fun hearing the boys say over and over it was the best thing they had ever eaten. Go Grandpa!
The kids had a great time letting off the fireworks, The kids just have a great time being together . It makes my heart happy to see how much they love each other. WE always miss those who couldn't join us but we will all be together next week for the blessing of little Paige and then of course hittin the Beach!
here are some pictures of the 4th.
No comments:
Post a Comment